2006 Jeep Overland transmission issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Jeep Overland transmission issues

I have a 2006 Grand Cherokee Overland that is in "limp mode" the transmission won't shift past second gear. I took it to a transmission shop and they charged me $750.00 to change the solenoid. They did it and it still does the same thing. They said that "it must be the tires" everything about my jeep is stock....no lift no bigger tires, nothing aftermarket. Can someone please give me some advice?? Thanks!

Re: 2006 Jeep Overland transmission issues

You might want to check the input speed sensors....had a friend who had a similar issue different mode jeep, but same problem.
    Fox
    95 ZJ Grand Cherokee, 4in Rough County Series II Lift, 33" Cooper Discoverer STT, Trail-gear winch bumper, tom woods driveshaft, over the knuckle steering, few performance add ons.

Comment

Thanks Fox17, this is the direction I'm headed.

Comment

I don't have first hand experience with that trans but from what I have heard the most common issues when "limp mode" is experienced is the ESM (electronic shift module) or the the forward clutch packs, neither of which are cheap fixes. If you were getting on it much when it happened I would probably suspect clutch slippage so the internals would more than likely be the culpret, if nothing out of the ordinary as fas as putting mechanical stress on the trans then I may suspect something electrical as the ESM.

Hope you are able to find the problem. Please keep us posted as to what you find.

Mike.
        2011 JKU Rubicon
        BDS Long-Arm Suspension System/ 17x9 ATX Crawl wheels/35" BFG KM2's/ Warn Powerplant/Plus much much more.

http://My 2011 JKU Rubicon Build Thread

Comment

Towing to the dealership today, thanks Mike! Ill keep the forum posted!

Comment

Hope things get going again so your rig can drive under it's own power!
            And hope the stealership don't take ua for too much of a ride. Good luck!
            Fox
            95 ZJ Grand Cherokee, 4in Rough County Series II Lift, 33" Cooper Discoverer STT, Trail-gear winch bumper, tom woods driveshaft, over the knuckle steering, few performance add ons.

Comment

Thx Fox

Comment

Working...
              X