Tire leaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire leaks

The beads in my rear tires/wheels keep breaking causing loss of air everyday. I was told to buy some Polyurethane roof flashing sealer and have the wheels and tires completely cleaned and using this to seal the tires and reduce the chance of tires breaking their beads when muddin or trail riding. Has anyone else ever heard of using this? I was told once the tire was set onto the wheel, it would just about take the machine to get the tires off and reduce above mentioned problem in the future.
    Have a blessed and Jeepin day!!

Re: Tire leaks

Admins should probably move this to the appropriate section.

What size wheels and tires are you running? Not sure of any reason other than worn out tires causing you to lose pressure every day.
    '09 JKUR, 35" Nitto TG, Home built winch bumper, custom built sliders, MetalCloak Overlines, RockHard engine/trans skid, RK HD Pro Tie Rod, RK HD drag link, spiderweb shade, TF 3" LA, Adams Front shaft, Warn M8000
    [COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=arial black]I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Are you losing air on one wheel or more than one wheel and are you positive it's leaking from the rim?
      Immersing the entire wheel in a bath of water should tell you where it's leaking. You may have a small hole somewhere or the valve stem/valve is leaking.

When you're on the trails with low tire pressure are you losing the tire bead? If so maybe your rims are too wide for the tires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

My tires only have about 12k miles. Definitely leaking around the rim of both back tires. I'm running.34's on 20" rims.

Comment

Originally posted by soberatlast View Post
          My tires only have about 12k miles. Definitely leaking around the rim of both back tires. I'm running.34's on 20" rims.
          Okay the tires are 34" in diameter but what other information can you give us? Typically there's a width & height of the tire built into the size.
          And your positive the edge of the rim is clean and not rusty?

Comment

They 10.5 wide and no with all the muddin I've done, there is probably dirt packed in there, that's when polyurethane sealer was mentioned to use as it would seal the tire to the rims tighter. I can here the air leaking out when I first start pumping air in and also see it bubble when I wash the tries and rims. This is what was mentioned to use. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/319FgIWerUL.jpg. Just wondering if anyone else had tried using this or a similar product.

Comment

Say, why can't one use tire tubes inside of our tubeless tires? Wouldn't they work in a similar fashion to internal beadlocks?
              It's an idea I've often wondered about.

Comment

Just break down the tires, clean the bead off and air them back up. Don't use any sealer on them.

[COLOR=#ffffff]1982 CJ-7 AMC 304 V8, T-18 transmission, clocked Dana 300 transfer case, flat belly pan, SOA suspension, Spool rear, Spartan Locker front, 4.10 gears, Warn 8274 for recovering stuck JKs (and LJs).
                sigpic
                [/COLOR]

Comment

I've decided to just let them reseal the tires in the normal fashion, since the owner of the dealership said he would buy my tires and rims and discount on a new set of Mud Terrain tires, which I'm planning on buying before years end. But that is a thought indeed!

Comment

Working...
                  X