4.0 to tremec 177

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.0 to tremec 177

Id like to be able to mate a 4.0 to a tremec 177 4 speed with dana 300. Does anybody know if this will work?

Re: 4.0 to tremec 177

You may want to call up the guys at Advanceadapters. They'll figure it out. I couldn't say based on the info you gave. Depends on the input/output splines and what the bellhousing looks like. May or may not mate up. Definitely couldn't say whether it would be an enjoyable combo or not lol. Good luck in your build.
    Russ
    Forbiddenjeeps Northeast USA Moderator
    Founder/Administrator at LIW (Long Island Wheelers)
    Auto Mechanic

'04 WJ 4.0L, Selec-Trac, Goodyear Duratrac 225/70R16-----'80 MG B-Series Roadster, Resto-mod, General Altimax
    ***RIP*** ----- *Cause of Death*
    '06 TJR "Fangul" 4"Custom lift, General Grabber A/T-2 33x12.5R15 ----- Tree/Back Ice

Comment

Haha thanks. I that was my thoughts exactly. Hopinsomone knew somethin I didnt.

Comment

is it a 177 or a 176 tranny? what was the engine that was original in the cj?
        if they built it I have had one or 10, if I have not had one yet, I am searching all the time for that type of jeep.
        Remeber: it's not He who dies with the most toys wins it he who has played with the most toys has had a great life of playing.

Comment

Originally posted by tazjeeper View Post
          is it a 177 or a 176 tranny? what was the engine that was original in the cj?
          I believe the original engine was the straight six I pulled from it. I tried to figure out the difference between the 177 & 176 but I was having trouble. Any knowledge would be great.

Comment

any straight 6 jeep engine tranny will bolt to the 4.0L engine from a cj. bolt pattern is the same on the bell housing, but you may have to get a pilot bearing made or buy one that will fit the outside diameter of the crankshaft and the input shaft on the tranny, as for clutch you use the clutch out of the tranny.
            if they built it I have had one or 10, if I have not had one yet, I am searching all the time for that type of jeep.
            Remeber: it's not He who dies with the most toys wins it he who has played with the most toys has had a great life of playing.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks alot.

Comment

Yeah cj 258 uses the same round bell housing as a 4.0. Nice of jeep not to change that.. Pilot bearing should be the same.. Only problems where they were smaller is in the 304 360 401 amc motors..

Post some pics of your build.
                Christopher Barclay

------------------------------------------

1978 Cj7 AMC 360 SOA

$$BFG Krawlers Bl for sale 1300$$ - 14 bolt rear gov locker - Family Bar - Sliders - Ladder Bar

T&T Fenders - dana 44 front being built now!!

Comment

yes it was great of of the old jeep makers to use interchangeable parts. I have done a lot of swapping of different engine tranny combos and love the old jeep parts for this reason.

Comment

Post some pics of your build.[/QUOTE]

I have a build thread tryin to get stuff together and funds together. Its called the Frankenstein/jeep truck thing.

Comment

if your talking to me I don't have pic's of stuff I did. I have been building jeeps for many years. I only got into pictures over the last few years and even they are limited. let me know what info you need and I can sure help you out if I can.

Comment

Working...
                      X