Info on relocating fuel inlet 85 CJ7.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on relocating fuel inlet 85 CJ7.

I need to move my fuel inlet from the rear to somewhere else,where is a good location for the thing.i'm in the middle of comp cutting and rear fender building so the whole area is wide open,space is no problem."Dammit' is getting an ass tuck and needs it.thank you all for whatever help i get.
    1985 CJ7 "Dammit" 1997 ZJ "PIG" Gunsmith for Simmons Gun Repair.

Re: Info on relocating fuel inlet 85 CJ7.

Originally posted by Paul Salchow View Post
    I need to move my fuel inlet from the rear to somewhere else,where is a good location for the thing.i'm in the middle of comp cutting and rear fender building so the whole area is wide open,space is no problem."Dammit' is getting an ass tuck and needs it.thank you all for whatever help i get.
    show us a pic of whats left in the comp cut
    You will see the build from every step of the way, what it will take to build a Jeep for King of the Hammers!

Apex Off Road Mission:
    To COMPLETE, FINISH and WIN the King of the Hammers "Everyman Challenge Race".

Check out our King of the Hammer Jeep Build...
    [COLOR=#ffffff]http://www.facebook.com/ApexOffroadRacing[/COLOR]

Comment

Are you running a top at all? I've seen a few move the filler to the top of the rear wheel house. It's pretty much a strait shot down, you may have to use a new set of hoses.
      I would use a TJ style fuel door if doing that to prevent it from filling up with junk while wheeling.

You can gain a ton of room under the back by relocating the fuel tank to behind the rear seat. Use a tank like this.

[COLOR=#ffffff]1982 CJ-7 AMC 304 V8, T-18 transmission, clocked Dana 300 transfer case, flat belly pan, SOA suspension, Spool rear, Spartan Locker front, 4.10 gears, Warn 8274 for recovering stuck JKs (and LJs).
      sigpic
      [/COLOR]

Comment

i need to get a working camera again for the pic's,i will pick up new memory cards tomorrow when i'm out.i like the wheel house idea,i think that's a good spot for now using the stock tank.the plan is relocate the tank or get a fuel cell up higher in the bed area to open up the under side so no more catching on the skid and the chance of something worse.I hated cutting up this one at first but i found more rust than metal,at least doing this has make me do some body work just to have something to weld to.
        1985 CJ7 "Dammit" 1997 ZJ "PIG" Gunsmith for Simmons Gun Repair.

Comment

Working...
        X