Model from Vin#

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model from Vin#

Anyone know if you can get the model of your Jeep from the vin#?? Like if I give the vin# to the dealer, can they tell me if it's a Laredo, Renegade, etc?

Re: Model from Vin#

As for the old Cj most dealers can't do it as their data base does not go back past 10 years.
    As for a model if you want to post the number I may be able to help as I have other ways of looking that up from old books and a few sir/vin search programs I deal with
    But the old cj's are not like finding info from Cherokees and newer jeeps as the info was not really logged or data based properly
    if they built it I have had one or 10, if I have not had one yet, I am searching all the time for that type of jeep.
    Remeber: it's not He who dies with the most toys wins it he who has played with the most toys has had a great life of playing.

Comment

WASHINGTON STATE REGISTRATION...VIN# 1JCBM85A9BT033298. SER/BODY: CJ5JP. MODEL/BT: CJ5/UT

Thanks Colin for your help. I've been wondering what model it is since I bought it. There is no original paint or markings so any info you can find would be greatly appreciated!!

Comment

Now you got me wondering as well for my cj7. I am always just going with Base model but not really sure.
        __________________________________________________ _____________
        PA State Moderator

1982 CJ7
        4inch skyjacker easy ride (75% complete at the moment).
        Bald ass 31 inch Ground Hawg's that I hope to upgrade shortly.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Comment

John, I really never even thought about it till I started buying parts for it. Then I looked up pics of the Laredo and the Renegade and could tell there were differences. NOW I am really curious! Maybe Colin (tazjeeper) can find your Jeeps model too if you give him your Jeep's vin#...

Comment

1 is USA made
            J Jeep
            C MPV
            B 151ci
            M 4 speed
            85 CJ5
            A 3750 Lb GVW
            B 1981
            T Toledo Plant
            033298 Sequential Serial number

sorry but like all old jeeps hard to say as to what model it really was as they did not have a space for that in the Vin and really a laredo or Renegade or even the levis addition was just a jeep that had different interior and stickers for the most part.
            if they built it I have had one or 10, if I have not had one yet, I am searching all the time for that type of jeep.
            Remeber: it's not He who dies with the most toys wins it he who has played with the most toys has had a great life of playing.

Comment

Working...
            X