Tereflex Revolver shackles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tereflex Revolver shackles

Does anyone have experience with the Tereflex revolver shackles? I'm wondering if they are worth the money. I've read that they help with additional flex etc. And do they go inplace of your exsisting shackles? Please excuse the noob questions. This is my first Jeep. I currently have a 3" BDS lift that has the boomerange shackles front and rear. I'm hoping the Revolvers might help a bit. I realize that a leaf sprung vehicle has limitations on flex over a coil over but I just want to get the most of what I have until I do my coil over conversion in a few years. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. At 200$+ I don't want to buy them and find out that I wasted 500$ of my money that could have been spent in a better area.

Thanks in advance

Re: Tereflex Revolver shackles

I've never run them personally but from the research and reviews I've read I would never consider them.

Think about how they work, once you use up all available down travel your springs have to offer they will just start to fall away from the Jeep with no tension. I'd rather lift a tire than have something that can unload unexpectadely.

Basically they replace your existing shackle with a new double shackle that has a center pivot point that allows your spring to fall after you've used up your available travel. To me this is no better than having how ever many inches of extra travel you gain by having a loose spring floating around.
    '09 JKUR, 35" Nitto TG, Home built winch bumper, custom built sliders, MetalCloak Overlines, RockHard engine/trans skid, RK HD Pro Tie Rod, RK HD drag link, spiderweb shade, TF 3" LA, Adams Front shaft, Warn M8000
    [COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=arial black]I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

only have seen a few people with them and they had nothing but problems drive shafts falling out, rebound flipping jeep over. bent drive shafts.
      if they built it I have had one or 10, if I have not had one yet, I am searching all the time for that type of jeep.
      Remeber: it's not He who dies with the most toys wins it he who has played with the most toys has had a great life of playing.

Comment

[LIST][*]Howard Davis Cliver I'm assuming longer shocks are in order. I already have the YJ spring conversion with a 3" BDS lift. Looks like it will do pretty well.
        [COLOR=gray]23 minutes ago Like[/COLOR]

[*]

David Shelton longer shocks shouldn't be needed HowardHOWEVER, I would recommend also getting the rear shock mount relocation bar and the lower shock mount adapters to make best use of the articulation you will gain in the rear
        [COLOR=gray]21 minutes ago Like[/COLOR]

[*]

Howard Davis Cliver That would move the shock outboard of the frame correct? I was thinking of the universal shock mount from Gen Wright.
        [COLOR=gray]20 minutes ago Like[/COLOR]

[*]

David Shelton nope, keeps them under the jeep between the frame rails. You remove the shocks, bolt the bar to the stock shock mounts, install the lower adapters to the shock mounts on the axle, install shocks. instead of the shocks running up and down, they will tilt from wheel towards center to follow the flow of the axle as it droops out

| TeraFlex Suspensions[COLOR=gray][COLOR=#333333]YJ Wrangler Revolver Rear Shock Bar[/COLOR]
        www.teraflex.bizThe YJ rear shock bar allows for three custom shock mounting positions for fine ...See More

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]18 minutes ago Like Remove Preview[/COLOR]

[*]

David Shelton that bar has 3 per side angle adjustments to "tune" the shocks to the travel you require
        [COLOR=gray]15 minutes ago Like[/COLOR]

[*]

Howard Davis Cliver Nice! Thanks David. If I keep following the advice on this page I'm gonna have the baddest CJ in Montana!

[/LIST]
        [COLOR=#a9a9a9]Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration

POW/MIA
        Gone but Not Forgotten
        [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]
        [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]
        [/COLOR][COLOR=#d3d3d3]​[/COLOR]

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=uwPfhbi4r2M
          [COLOR=#a9a9a9]Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration

POW/MIA
          Gone but Not Forgotten
          [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]
          [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]
          [/COLOR][COLOR=#d3d3d3]​[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
          X