cracked frame reair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cracked frame reair

i have a 80 cj5 noticed the frame is split at the front part of the rear leaf spring mount is it safe to re weld the crack and then re box it in with new steel ?

Re: cracked frame reair

Sure is. Just prep the area well. A few pics would help us see what you have going on. It may change what advice we offer.
    it's my X

Comment

Once you get it cleaned up. I would stop drill the crack before welding it. Some times if it is not stop drilled the crack can continue.
      If your playground is in the Sand, Mud, Rocks or anything in between we got what you need! send us an email at So-Cal4x4@att.net or visit our website at www.So-Cal4x4.com

Comment

i will get you some pics. as soon as i get my phone back from my kids. stop drill at the end of the crack right?

Comment

Originally posted by chill View Post
          i will get you some pics. as soon as i get my phone back from my kids. stop drill at the end of the crack right?
          That is correct.
          it's my X

Comment

Cracked mine in the same spot (its a common issue). Welded straps top and bottom approx 2 inch in length and a diamond shaped patch on the side of the frame. No problems here.
            1974 CJ5 304 v8 Holley Ultra HP 600 cfm, headers through glasspacks, 3.73 gears dana 44 r 30 f, Dana 20 t-case, t-15 trans, 33x12.5 Cooper STTs and 3" Black Diamond double loop springs.

Comment

Working...
            X