Different Temp Gauge wiring issue.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Temp Gauge wiring issue.

My current temp gauge is dead and of need of replacement. The one i ordered came with the "H" on the opposite side of the gauge where the "L" is on the original gauge. These are both 2 post gauges. My question is, will I have to switch the wires to compensate for the flip flop or is the gauge the same?
    1974 CJ5 304 v8 Holley Ultra HP 600 cfm, headers through glasspacks, 3.73 gears dana 44 r 30 f, Dana 20 t-case, t-15 trans, 33x12.5 Cooper STTs and 3" Black Diamond double loop springs.

Re: Different Temp Gauge wiring issue.

Not sure anyone will be able to help without knowing what vehicle the original gauge came out of. Or what gauge you using to replace the bad one with.
    it's my X

Comment

Wire it up and see what happens.
      it's my X

Comment

I guess posting this in the CJ tech side of the forum was too vague... 74 CJ5
        1974 CJ5 304 v8 Holley Ultra HP 600 cfm, headers through glasspacks, 3.73 gears dana 44 r 30 f, Dana 20 t-case, t-15 trans, 33x12.5 Cooper STTs and 3" Black Diamond double loop springs.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtSqrrl View Post
          I guess posting this in the CJ tech side of the forum was too vague... 74 CJ5
          I never look at that part of a thread. Sorry I missed that.
          it's my X

Comment

I never trust factory style gauges. Always go with mechanical gauges.

[COLOR=#ffffff]1982 CJ-7 AMC 304 V8, T-18 transmission, clocked Dana 300 transfer case, flat belly pan, SOA suspension, Spool rear, Spartan Locker front, 4.10 gears, Warn 8274 for recovering stuck JKs (and LJs).
            sigpic
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
            X