This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act

[COLOR=#FF0000]I just wanted to post up some info for you JK owners that are worried about messing up their Warranty doing some mods.

[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson%E2%80%93Moss_Warranty_Act[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]

I could try to explain it to you but it's really easy reading and everyone should understand this part of the law.[/COLOR]
    2010 Rubicon, Sprintex Supercharger with Sprintex Intercooler, DiabloSport T-1000 Trinity Programmer, Teraflex Falcon 3.3 Shocks ,1350 RE Reel Drive Shafts, Method 105 Bead Locks, Toyo 37" X 13.5" Tires, Custom Olympic Off Road Front Bumper, Olympic Off Road Smuggler Rear Bumper with tire carrier, Seward Radius 4s LED Light, Seward 12" LED Light bar, 50" LED Light bar with, sPod LED switch pod with Boost gage,, Rigid LED Lights, 15# Power Tank, Rock Hard Cage, Rock Hard Under Armor, Posion Spyder Sliders, Posion Spyder Crusher Fenders, Posion Spyder Evap Armor, Posion Spyder Extreme Duty Trans-Mount Cross Member, Bushwacker rear armor, 5.13 Gears, Magnum 44 Front Axle, Off Road Evolution "C" Gussets, Cobra 75 CB Radio, Warn 10K on Front and 8K Winch on Rear, Bartact Seat Covers, Delta Quad Bar Xenon Headlamps,Tantrum LED Offroad Rock Lights, Teraflex HD Tie Rod, Teraflex Falcon Steering Stabilizer, Teraflex Alpine Long Control Arms Front & Rear, Teraflex 4" springs, Teraflex JK Performance Slotted Big Rotor Kit, TeraFlex Monster HD Forged Front Adjustable Trackbar, Teraflex Monster Rear Forged Adjustable Trackbar, Teraflex Front & Rear Brake Line Kit, Teraflex Bump Stops Front & Rear, Surprise Straps, Hothead Headliner, Teraflex D-44 Diff Covers, Wild Boar Grille, Rigid Ridge Hood, Drake Hood Latch's,Synergy HD Ball Joints & a Tuffy Security Drawer

Re: Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act

I just wanted to add to it, I've tried using this when I first bought my wrangler because I was having one issue after another with it, the act only applies if you buy it from that cars maker, ie buy jeep from a jeep dealership. I bought mine from a Nissan dealership in a weird mix up( long story) also it has to be applied to a certified pre owned if bought used.

Just a tip if you by used get the extended warranty, mine on my jeep unlike the one from Chrysler is not affected by doing mods unless they can prove the mod itself caused the issue
    [COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=century gothic]Jason Sowers is the name, RUBICAN'T is the rig, my entire build relies on being a super budget builder!! I rock a 2.5" lift, 33" mud terrains, stock stubby bumper with superwinch, custom made d-ring mounts, Elevated offroad foglight and skid plate. entire tub bedlined on the inside along with the grill, windshield brackets, and door trim. custom mountes gerry can, and hi lift jack.... plus some other stuff, and theres still a HUGE list to go through!!![/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

chrysler canada put a full restriction on mine,because of a stupid dealer close to my home.my spider gears were stripped in the rear end,the dealer took pictures of the rear end and sent them to chrysler.i had dynatrac diff covers and because of that and my lift they put the restriction.now every time i go to the dealer a have to try to prove that the breakage is not caused by my mods...wich i lose this argument all the time.even for abs sensors...not covered...stupidity,and all over that dealership ther is posters of jeeps in water or on rocks.....
      [FONT=impact][COLOR=#008000]ANYWHERE-ANYTIME[/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

oh yes and everytime i go to a dealer,whatever the problem,example:a blown speaker,the dealer has to take pictures...

1-of my jeep
        2-odometer reading
        3-v.i.n. number
        4-and what has to be fixed
        then they send it to chrysler for approval !?!?
        [FONT=impact][COLOR=#008000]ANYWHERE-ANYTIME[/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

You guys need to find a Mod Friendly Dealer.
          Check around and talk to other Jeep people in your area before you take it in for service.
          In Southern California the best I've found is Orange Coast Jeep in Huntington Beach. Not very close to my home but they have never questioned my mods.
          2010 Rubicon, Sprintex Supercharger with Sprintex Intercooler, DiabloSport T-1000 Trinity Programmer, Teraflex Falcon 3.3 Shocks ,1350 RE Reel Drive Shafts, Method 105 Bead Locks, Toyo 37" X 13.5" Tires, Custom Olympic Off Road Front Bumper, Olympic Off Road Smuggler Rear Bumper with tire carrier, Seward Radius 4s LED Light, Seward 12" LED Light bar, 50" LED Light bar with, sPod LED switch pod with Boost gage,, Rigid LED Lights, 15# Power Tank, Rock Hard Cage, Rock Hard Under Armor, Posion Spyder Sliders, Posion Spyder Crusher Fenders, Posion Spyder Evap Armor, Posion Spyder Extreme Duty Trans-Mount Cross Member, Bushwacker rear armor, 5.13 Gears, Magnum 44 Front Axle, Off Road Evolution "C" Gussets, Cobra 75 CB Radio, Warn 10K on Front and 8K Winch on Rear, Bartact Seat Covers, Delta Quad Bar Xenon Headlamps,Tantrum LED Offroad Rock Lights, Teraflex HD Tie Rod, Teraflex Falcon Steering Stabilizer, Teraflex Alpine Long Control Arms Front & Rear, Teraflex 4" springs, Teraflex JK Performance Slotted Big Rotor Kit, TeraFlex Monster HD Forged Front Adjustable Trackbar, Teraflex Monster Rear Forged Adjustable Trackbar, Teraflex Front & Rear Brake Line Kit, Teraflex Bump Stops Front & Rear, Surprise Straps, Hothead Headliner, Teraflex D-44 Diff Covers, Wild Boar Grille, Rigid Ridge Hood, Drake Hood Latch's,Synergy HD Ball Joints & a Tuffy Security Drawer

Comment

Thanks for the tip Doug, I live right down the street from HB Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Aside from the modifications, the Magnuson/Moss Act also states that if a company insists on you using their product or it will void the warranty, then said company must supply the product.

This has been inferred many times when a dealership insists that you MUST use their brand of oil filter, oil or coolant vs. a product that has the same specifications. When they tell you that you must use their brand of coolant or oil filter or it will void the warranty, say great then you must provide it at no charge. This IS the entire arguament of having the OEM have specifications for things like oil and coolant so you can use a selection of the aftermarket as long as it meets the correct specification(s).

Mike.
              2011 JKU Rubicon
              BDS Long-Arm Suspension System/ 17x9 ATX Crawl wheels/35" BFG KM2's/ Warn Powerplant/Plus much much more.

http://My 2011 JKU Rubicon Build Thread

Comment

Working...
              X