Clear All

• 2009 JK Overheating with AC On

I have been having overheating issues and have changed the following:

Thermostat
    Radiator Cap
    Coolant flush
    Water Pump
    Electric Fan Motor
    Resistor for low / high speed circuit (on fan shroud)
    Flushed the radiator and AC condenser fins with the fan shroud off with water to clean all dirt and debris

Since changing these items I went from overheating all the time to now just when climbing a hill with the AC on at highway speeds. If I slow way down to about 45 the temp wont climb past about 3/4 on the gauge but if I don't kill the AC or slow down it will eventually overheat and boil over.

I do not have trouble around town or on trails. The issue only occurs climbing hills at highway speeds like the road to Big Bear or going up the 5 fwy to Gorman and it's only when the AC is on. Outside temps don't seem to matter, last time I was running hot (3/4 temp gauge) it was only 85 out.

The jeep has a magnuson supercharger with inter cooler but that has been the same for several years. This problem just started this summer. I am running 37 inch tires with 5.13 gears (just changed from 35" tires). Also just upgraded to a PSC ram steer assist. In doing so I went to a larger pulley on super charger (less boost) which should reduce engine temperatures. I also changed my plate style trans cooler out for a tube and fin to help get more air flow through the radiator.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    ​Silver 09' Unlimited Rubicon

Magnuson Supercharger | 3.0" Full Traction Lift | M.O.R.E Front & LOD Rear Bumpers | XRC-10 Winch | EVO Gussets, Sleeves & Control Skids | B&M Cooler | 35" BFG KM2 | 5.13:1 Gears | Currie Drag Link, Antirocks, Trac Bars and Tie Rod

Well there's your answer - no more A/C!
    ImWhisper aka Holly ~ Forbidden's SoCal Pastry Chef & Jeeper Mom!

Keeping up with the big boys!

2010 Surf Blue JKU ~ not completely stock...
    3.5" MetalCloak Game Changer Lite lift, JKS discos, 37" Toyo Open Country MT's, RockHard oil, tranny, transfer skid plates, Poison Spyder evap skid, Co2, M8000 Warn, Ace Engineering bumpers front stubby & back with tire swing arm, Hi-lift, Poison Spyder Brawler Knockers, rock lights, 5.13 gears, sleeved & gusseted, SpiderShade & last but not least ~ beach towel seat covers!

If you wheel it ~ WAVE!

Comment

So it will not over heat when A/C is off no matter the conditions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      it's my X

Comment

Originally posted by Serg5000 View Post
        So it will not over heat when A/C is off no matter the conditions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        That seems to be the case. Also if it is about 73 like it is now, it wont over heat with the AC on even when climbing hills.
        ​Silver 09' Unlimited Rubicon

Magnuson Supercharger | 3.0" Full Traction Lift | M.O.R.E Front & LOD Rear Bumpers | XRC-10 Winch | EVO Gussets, Sleeves & Control Skids | B&M Cooler | 35" BFG KM2 | 5.13:1 Gears | Currie Drag Link, Antirocks, Trac Bars and Tie Rod

Comment

Working...
        X