Tummy tuck in an 05 LJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tummy tuck in an 05 LJ

Ok... I have been trying to do some investigating on my own... But thought if pass this by you guys...

I am in the long process of building a LCG rig... I have HiLine Flat Fenders on her right now along with the stock suspension. I do plan on upgrading the suspension ( I'm thinking coilovers... Ok more like drooling lol) but I wanted to know would it be a wise move to do a tummy tuck on her now when she is stock? Or after the suspension upgrade goes in?! Now I have done my research... But what all would you recommend for such an undertaking... Also what product and such?
    Thanks!
    Using Tapatalk

Re: Tummy tuck in an 05 LJ

I say do the tummy tuck now. You will gain about 3" of clearance under your jeep. There are plenty of companies that sell them. I have always liked the Currie Enterprises Belly Up Kit. It's a very well made and well thought out product. Good luck with your build. I look forward to seeing pictures along the way!

misspelled using Tapatalk on the go!
    07 JKUR,Currie lift w/Antirocks,Ultimate Dana 60's front and rear,Teraflex master cylinder,40"Toyo's on Level 8 Strike 8 wheels with Monster valves,Premier Power Welder,Pure Jeep rock rails,Expedition One rear bumper,customized Body Armor front bumper,Adam's 1350 driveshafts,M.O.R.E. engine/trans skid,20lb Co2,custom steel trunk enclosure,Warn X8000i,TrekArmor seat covers,Alien 20" LED bar and much...much more!

Comment

I did it on mine and love it.. Just have to do a body lift and motor lift.. Totaly worth it though

Sent from my iPhone so pardon the dumb out of place random words.

Comment

You can kinna see it here

Sent from my iPhone so pardon the dumb out of place random words.

Comment

It depends..... Mostly on what lift you get. a select few of the lifts come with the option of a tummy tuck built into the lift kit. Sometimes that is a good choice option if you go all out. If not just do it now and the Currie kit is cool as I agree with Glen. Not what I use but a good setup non the less.
          [COLOR=#ffff00]sigpic[/COLOR]

Comment

If you are going to go long arm, do the tummy tuck at the same time as your lift. If not, a tummy tuck as noted above gives you about 3" through the belly and you may decide since you are looking to go LCOG and you already have highlines that you don't need a lift at all. Check out the Rokmen as well as the Savvy and get both the belly skid and the engine skid.

Comment

Working...
            X