Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remove or not to remove sway bar links???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove or not to remove sway bar links???

That is the qUestion. ... i hear alt of people remove them to get better flex from stock suspension. I have 3" coil spring spacers an wanting a little more flex setting how i can't afford a big suspension lift kit right now. Ideas tips or tricks anyone? ?????????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]FAILURE IS NOT A OPTION!!![/COLOR]

Re: Remove or not to remove sway bar links???

On a jeep with front coils, yes remove them with quick disconnects for trail use only. You will get awesome flex out of the front end. Be sure to reconnect when you drive on the road, it will be dangerous and very loose in the front.
    YJ, XJ ,ZJ knowledge base and past camp jeep trail guide. Currently modifying my 8th jeep , 94 XJ.

Comment

I should have added also, if you are already lifted and still have stock brake lines, you may flex to much and damage them. You would need longer lines or do the cheap fix and unbolt from the frame and bend downward, still they may be too short. Something you need to check before wheeling.
      YJ, XJ ,ZJ knowledge base and past camp jeep trail guide. Currently modifying my 8th jeep , 94 XJ.

Comment

10-4 much appreciated sir

Comment

you got it!

Comment

Yes I have a big lift. I disconnect every run to flex more and keep the body level. I reconnect them to drive on the street. It is much safer. I only have a front away bar and not a rear in my case as with my lift I have a trianglated 3 link. But my fronts are in and out all the time. I have the JKS brand

Sent from the Wild Wild West...
            [COLOR=#ffff00]sigpic[/COLOR]

Comment

I was looking at lifts with the disconnect on 4wheel parts website, when u disconnect do u as till have bump stops ?

Comment

Yes bump stops are still there. You would only replace them if you change your lift height , even then some people don't. Bump stops control the upward travel distance of your tires. Another words the stops bottom out before your tire goes thru fender lol. No need to change if you are just doing disconnects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok cool

Comment

I run the currie anti-rock up front on the loose setting. I have no rear sway bar, as I took it off when I put a new axle under the rear end.
                    I am running a 3.5 inch list kit with the currie adjustable control arms on the upper and lowers.
                    I get massive flex off-road and love the way it handles.
                    I do get lots of sway on the road, but do not drive it as much as I use to on the road.

Todd
                    Todd Ockert
                    BlueRibbon Coalition President
                    BRC Life Member
                    Cal4Wheel Life Member
                    Retired Navy
                    2004 Jeep TJ, Lifted & Locked
                    Sponsored by
                    BFG
                    Raceline Wheels
                    Currie Enterprises

Comment