05 Rubicon PCM issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 Rubicon PCM issues

After 4 years of building my Jeep up it was finally going to be ready to bring home, or so I thought. Had a rebuilt PCM put in it after the dealership diagnosed my last one as defective. The factory dash didn't work, security light was on and the Jeep wouldn't turn over or even engage the fuel pump. Had the rebuilt PCM installed and re flashed at the dealership. When I got it back to my parents place i drove it around for about 10 minutes, then pulled it inside to work on some small things, E brake, check fluids, check toe in....... Went to start it this morning and go for a drive but no power. Factory gauges not working, starter & fuel pump not engaging, ASD relay not clicking and the security light is on. Anyone had problems like this. I just think its weird that most people have never had PCM problems and I have had problems with 2 in less then a year.
    2005 Rubicon. Yes unfortunately I am a Rubicon owner.

Re: 05 Rubicon PCM issues

Just wondering if the Airbag circuit could cause the PCM to fail. That's the only thing I can think of being an issue.

Comment

Check all of your grounds.

And what's wrong with being a Rubicon owner?? Hmmmm...

Comment

All the grounds appear to be good.

And the the bad part about being a Rubicon owner is that some Rubicon owners think that their Jeep is better then one somebody has spend a couple years fixing up to get lockers and lower gearing etc..... I love owning a Rubicon but some Rubi owners are to high on themselves and their Jeep.

Comment

True, have seen "Jeep Snobs" myself, but it isn't just Rubicon owners. Understand your comment now. Good luck with your PCM/electrical issue, they can be a PIB. Not had issues with the PCM so really can't be of more help. Only other suggestion is to check the wiring harness to make sure you don't have any bare wires touching metal or each other. Link below may be of some help.

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-se....swf#toolbar=0

Comment

Working...
          X