Lift questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift questions

Hey guys! So I bought my XJ with a 3in lift already on it (custom leaf springs in the rear, and adjustable coil over spacers up front), and i am ready to add another 1.5 inches to it. I was looking at the Teraflex 1.5 shackle lift and then just extending the spacers up front. I was wondering if I would have to buy longer shocks to accommodate for the extra lift. Thanks for the help!

Re: Lift questions

yes you will need longer shocks so you can bet max flex

Comment

Since this is my daily driver, I and I don't plan on doing that tough of trails, I doubt I will reach max flex. Will having the shorter shocks affect my on road halding until I buy longer ones?

Comment

Lift questions

Not that I can think of....

This message is not supported by Obama's campaign!!

Supported by the "EAD" obama!!!!
        EAD=eat a dick

Comment

*handling

Comment

Ok, thanks

Comment

you would need longer shocks and longer upper and lower control arms and a slight possibility that you would need rear pinion wedges to get the pinion angle correct. you would also need to adjust the track bar to center the front axle and a drop pitman arm to correct the bump steer you may get. these are all things i ran into with buddies thru-out the years of putting xjs together.

Comment

just use marshmellows as spacers.. i suggest the super puff camping marshmellows... it takes less of them.. once installed it will feel like your jeep is riding on a cloud.
                I am sarcastic. Deal with it.

Comment

Just jack it up till ya get to your desired lift cut a 4x4 wedge it between frame and axle no need for shocks at that point

Comment

Working...
                  X