Ditching the Disco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ditching the Disco

So guys just like the title states I'm looking to get rid of the stupid axle disconnect in the front end. Just trying to figure out what all I need and what is done. Pretty sure I got the jist of it just want to make sure. Plus it's good for others looking for a diy write up.
    So basically I need to remove the disco cover and gut everything then replace the 3 piece shaft with a 2 piece out of any year TJ? Is that right? Then just fab a plate to go where the existing housing went? Axles are the same? Found a decent write up [COLOR=#ffffff]http://www.jeeps-offroad.com/forum.php?page=tjshafts[/COLOR] but he had bought conversion shafts to run bigger axle joints [COLOR=#ffffff]"[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFFFFF]297x or 760x ujoints (same size as a D44)" [/COLOR]The site he said he bought them from seems to not be available anymore. Are all TJ shafts bigger? Or will I have to look for a kit like he stated?

Thanks for the help!
    Stella
    2005 WK
    4.7L V8
    4" SuperLift
    285/70/17 ProComp Extreme MT2
    Method "Mesh" wheels 17x8.5 w/4.75" backspace
    AFE CAI
    MBRP XP Cat Back
    Yitamotor 52" Light bar
    Steel Armadillo Mounts
    Spyder Halo/Led headlights

Re: Ditching the Disco

Originally posted by BigSexyXJ View Post
    So guys just like the title states I'm looking to get rid of the stupid axle disconnect in the front end. Just trying to figure out what all I need and what is done. Pretty sure I got the jist of it just want to make sure. Plus it's good for others looking for a diy write up.
    So basically I need to remove the disco cover and gut everything then replace the 3 piece shaft with a 2 piece out of any year TJ? Is that right? Then just fab a plate to go where the existing housing went? Axles are the same? Found a decent write up [COLOR=#ffffff]http://www.jeeps-offroad.com/forum.php?page=tjshafts[/COLOR] but he had bought conversion shafts to run bigger axle joints [COLOR=#ffffff]"[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFFFFF]297x or 760x ujoints (same size as a D44)" [/COLOR]The site he said he bought them from seems to not be available anymore. Are all TJ shafts bigger? Or will I have to look for a kit like he stated?

Thanks for the help!
    here is what you need to do the swap Installing TJ D-30 Shafts in a YJ
    [COLOR=#a9a9a9]Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration

POW/MIA
    Gone but Not Forgotten
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#d3d3d3]​[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
    X