Jeep loving Army Vet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep loving Army Vet

100% disabled Army Vet and medically retired Federal Worker due to a back injury. Worked in the Army intel community while active at FS Augsburg and NSA Ft Meade MD. Was medically retire from the Army due to a back injury, then went to school to be a Aircraft mechanic. Worked as a aircraft pneumatics mechanic at Cherry Pt. MCAS until I re-injured my back an was unable to work anymore at the age of 33. I have 2 sons currently serving in the Army. One is an Intel analyst with the 82nd Airborne (airborne qualified) in Bragg and the other is Infantry in Ft Lewis WA, he is planning on going into the family intel tradition when its time to re-enlist. he just wanted to get that Infantry badge before that. After he completes intel school and Airborne, he and his brother plan to go to SF selection. Thank you to all my brothers and sisters who are currently serving and to the ones who have already done their time. I have mad respect for ya'll and watch your six.

Take care ya'll
    David

Re: Jeep loving Army Vet

well congrats to all of you and your family and give your sons the best of luck for SFAS its not an easy task at hand..

Comment

Re: Jeep loving Army Vet

Yeah they have an idea of whats in store. Maybe not quite everything, but enough. The older one in the 82nd has been to Ranger school, made it most of the way thru before tearing tendons in his foot. They wanted him to recoup for a year an come back. So instead of doing Ranger school again, he decided to wait on his little brother and go SF an do the selection process together. These boys were born and raised for this stuff. They know its not going to be a cake walk, but its nothing they can't overcome. Most of the stuff they do, they have been doing their whole life with me. The both have to be 21 to do SF, so they are using the time to get physically prepared and knock some college out of the way. The Intel MOS stays in constant shortage, both in RA and in the special ops groups. So making E-5 is very doable in 3-4 years with a little effort. I'm know I'm bragging on them, but they are not the norm of today's unmotivated youth and I'm very proud of the fine young men they have become. This was done with no help from their birth mother, she decided family life wasn't for her and split when they were pretty young. Leaving me to raise 3 boys, luckily I meet a nice young lady who wanted the family life and she helped me an gave another son. Hooaahhh

Comment

Working...
      X