Forbidden 2 Door JK buld

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forbidden 2 Door JK buld

Since the opening of the Crawler section here on Forbidden, i've been thinkin it needs a proper kick off. So i decided to build a JK, mainly in the absence of readily available bodys in other Jeep models (CJ, MB, SJ etc). So i got a rolling chassis built up and picked up the body from the hobby shop this evening and have been working on it tonight and made quite a bit of progress. Excuse the messy work bench lol

Got the front bumper and tire carrier mounted, body trimmed and mounted as well as added foam rings on the inside of the tires to make them better fill out the fenders

Can you say flat fenders?
    I based them from the Pure Jeep steel flat fenders

That front bumper looks a bit better on a JK over an XJ but the top hoop is just to short to put some proper sized light housings. Either way its got Clevis mounts and is nice and beefy

If its not too cold I will prep and paint tomorrow. Not sure of the color yet but the hard top and fender flares will be the usual black
    O2 KJ-R
    2.5 OME LIFT, JCR sliders, GY Duratracs on Moabs, JBA Gen 4.5 A Arms, Yaesu VHF and 18" whip, Plasti Dip, Camo,

[COLOR=#00ff00]Resident Forbidden RC nut
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#999999]Sliver State[/COLOR]

Re: Forbidden 2 Door JK buld

[COLOR=#add8e6][SIZE=4][FONT=arial narrow]Awesome! I love to see what you guys do with these little machines. Congrats again on having your own section in the forum! [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    ForbiddenJeeps Admin 2015 JKU - Hydro Blue ~ Toyo A/T ~ Fuel Full Blown Wheels ~ Wurx Offroad Front and Rear Bumper ~ M.O.R.E. Oil pan/tranny skid ~ Rampage Tail Light Guards ~ Surprise Straps ~ Jeep seat covers, slush mats (front and rear) & cargo mat

Wayne Was Here... Thanks for stopping by, Wayne

Comment

Quick update...
      Got all the electronics installed and took it for a quick test run. The tires seemed to hook up a bit better with the new taller foams, but I didn't run it for long as i still have to button some things up

Got a bit of money today so i used it and bought a Yakima roof rack, muffler, windshield wipers,and mirrors (gotta make it street legal-ish lol). Ill be getting the Forbidden banner after the first of the year.
      Wont have any more updates till i get back home in January.
      O2 KJ-R
      2.5 OME LIFT, JCR sliders, GY Duratracs on Moabs, JBA Gen 4.5 A Arms, Yaesu VHF and 18" whip, Plasti Dip, Camo,

Comment

This little JK went to the Moon...Moon Rocks, NV

New sand ramps work pretty well for a freebee...might need to be a bit longer

Sorry Beth...hope im not showin too much Jeep booty

Still needs a banner and interior. The mirrors and windshield wipers I ordered didnt work out so i gotta figure something out there
        O2 KJ-R

Comment

[COLOR=#add8e6][SIZE=4][FONT=arial narrow]Nice photos!! Great job [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
          ForbiddenJeeps Admin 2015 JKU - Hydro Blue ~ Toyo A/T ~ Fuel Full Blown Wheels ~ Wurx Offroad Front and Rear Bumper ~ M.O.R.E. Oil pan/tranny skid ~ Rampage Tail Light Guards ~ Surprise Straps ~ Jeep seat covers, slush mats (front and rear) & cargo mat

Wayne Was Here... Thanks for stopping by, Wayne

Comment

Havent done much lately but I finally got the lights installed. Bit of a pain to get all the wires situated in the body with hot glue but it worked out. Ive never built a fully lit rig, but the lights came out great. As of now i am in the process of getting this rig and the wraith prepped for KOH.
            Also, I have an RC sized Forbidden banner coming as well . Thanks Jake

The two blue lights in the back of the roof rack are KOH type positioning lights
            O2 KJ-R

Comment

[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4][COLOR="#FFFF00"]where do i get one that is sick!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Its custom built, but its roughly based on this.
                http://www.rpphobby.com/Axial_Trail_..._p/ax90022.htm
                O2 KJ-R

Comment

Looking sharp!!!!!!!
                  [COLOR=#a9a9a9]Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration

POW/MIA
                  Gone but Not Forgotten
                  [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]
                  [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]
                  [/COLOR][COLOR=#d3d3d3]​[/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks David
                    O2 KJ-R

Comment

So several weeks ago I took the little guy with me on the last wheeling run. Well i ended up taking it through the same mud we were running the big jeeps through O.O It was completyly caked in mud and i ended up leaving it in the Jeep cause i got busy. I brought it in the house 2 weeks ago (still caked) and still had no time to clean it. Finally got to it couple days ago and started cleaning...rear diff is siezed; story of my life (Sarah might get mad at me lol). Tore it apart and one of the pinion bearings is shot so i replaced it and liberally spray the others with WD40. Good as new

Here is the mud for reference

And how it sits now. Need to pick up some marine grease for the diff tomorrow
                      O2 KJ-R

Comment

[QUOTE=Gottorque;34516]So several weeks ago I took the little guy with me on the last wheeling run. Well i ended up taking it through the same mud we were running the big jeeps through O.O It was completyly caked in mud and i ended up leaving it in the Jeep cause i got busy. I brought it in the house 2 weeks ago (still caked) and still had no time to clean it. Finally got to it couple days ago and started cleaning...rear diff is siezed; story of my life (Sarah might get mad at me lol). Tore it apart and one of the pinion bearings is shot so i replaced it and liberally spray the others with WD40. Good as new

Here is the mud for reference

And how it sits now. Need to pick up some marine grease for the diff tomorrow

How well do you like your Hyperion charger??? Time to upgrade to those currie axles now :-) I am still on the fence between the JKU or Wraith. I still need to set my servos, and check over my Summit Lipo I finally bought. A lot more power than I was expecting it to have so far

POW/MIA
                        Gone but Not Forgotten
                        [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]
                        [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]

Comment

Originally posted by David Shelton View Post

How well do you like your Hyperion charger??? Time to upgrade to those currie axles now :-) I am still on the fence between the JKU or Wraith. I still need to set my servos, and check over my Summit Lipo I finally bought. A lot more power than I was expecting it to have so far

When I first switched over to lipos, and like anyone just wanted a cheapo charger...until I walked in to the LHS. They quickly told me how I should buy a nice charger the first tim round. That was several years ago and I'm still using it. Best charger you can buy

LOL I'm gonna keep my Venom axles. You can still sieze bearings in Curries to

JKU or Wraith? Hmmm, the Wraith is more expensive to keep running cause its pretty hard on parts. But can't go wrong with either

Sent from a rock
                          O2 KJ-R

Comment

Wraith hard on parts??? Hadn't heard that one yet, do tell?? Maybe I should just stick to my Summit LOL

POW/MIA
                            Gone but Not Forgotten
                            [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]
                            [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]

Comment

Well let me rephrase slightly. My wheel and tire setup weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 3lbs, because of it ive blown 2 servos. However my axles have no aluminum bits at all. Even though i compete with it, i have had really good luck with the plastic c hubs and knuckles and so far they are holding strong.

Durability (and ultimately upgrades) down to is whether its a basher with a big brushless system or a crawler with a mild brushed motor with low gears. Thats the dictating factor
                              O2 KJ-R

Comment

Working...
                              X