04 TJ Rubicon Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 04 TJ Rubicon Build

Hello, my name is Mark and I figured I'd post my build for all to see... So this is my second Jeep. The first was stolen less than a month after I got back from a 6 month deployment. It didn't take long to get a new Jeep though with the money I got from insurance. This is a budget build, so nothing fancy. Unfortunately, I don't have too many mechanic, fabrication or electrical skills, so you probably won't see much that's too creative. But still, I'm lovin it. Lots of pictures to follow.
    To add to the story, I am the Co-Founder of a nonprofit organization called 4 Wheel to Heal. We are dedicated to taking wounded veterans off roading, and my Jeep is just one of many that will be taking warriors out on the trails. If you want more information about the organization, hit me up! I'd be happy to talk to you about it.

So, my rig. 2004 2DR Rubicon, purchased in Feb. 2013 with a light bar, 3.5" body lift, 33" tires and a hard top. Still, pretty stock in my eyes.
    Just Bought.jpg

First thing I did was take off the hard top. Not a fan. At the same time, I put on a Rampage soft top which I like a lot, mounted a Hi-Lift Jack to the hood, and put a 4 Wheel to Heal sticker across the windshield. All these items came from 3 Jeeps Offroad. You can check them out at 3jeep.com. Great deals on just about anything you want. If you don't see it on their website, shoot them an email. 3Jeeps makes all the 4W2H windshield and standard stickers for us, and the owner, Craig, donates a portion of all 3Jeeps merchandise profits to 4 Wheel to Heal. Pretty awesome company!
    No Hard Top.jpgRampage Soft Top.jpg4W2H sticker.jpg

Re: 04 TJ Rubicon Build

I also installed a radio shack CB radio to the front center dash, and ran the antenna cable around the passenger side to the back (My wife Jen helped). At some point, I want to drill a hole into the body behind the break light and run the cable through to the Teraflex mount, but for now, it just runs over the top of the body.
    Running Antenna.jpgAntenna mount 2.jpgAntenna mount 3.jpgAntenna mount 4.jpgAntenna mount 5.jpg

Comment

That was it for a bit. But then came the lift. I met an awesome guy named Aaron at OMC Offroad (Cherokee owners, check him out) who offered to help me get some of the mods I was looking for and he put me in touch with a guy named Nick at Southern California Automotive Repair. Yeah, S.C.A.R. Offroad. Pretty cool dude too. He helped me get an exhaust and cool air intake from Flowmaster Mufflers, Inc. and AEM Intakes (yup, those companies donated those because they liked the fact that I take wounded veterans off roading with 4 Wheel to Heal!
      Nick also helped me get a good deal on a Rubicon Express 5.5" long arm suspension lift! He put that lift and exhaust on in a day. With the help of two of my buddies, it took us 4 days to put the lift on my last Jeep! Show what experience can do for you!!
      IMG_0430.jpg

Comment

IMG_0435.jpg

Comment

IMG_0436.jpg

Comment

IMG_0437.jpg

Comment

Nice looking Jeep. Thanks for sharing the pictures and welcome to Forbidden.

Mike.
              2011 JKU Rubicon
              BDS Long-Arm Suspension System/ 17x9 ATX Crawl wheels/35" BFG KM2's/ Warn Powerplant/Plus much much more.

http://My 2011 JKU Rubicon Build Thread

Comment

Very cool build. Thanks for what you do with 4WTH. Keep us updated for sure.
                '09 JKUR, 35" Nitto TG, Home built winch bumper, custom built sliders, MetalCloak Overlines, RockHard engine/trans skid, RK HD Pro Tie Rod, RK HD drag link, spiderweb shade, TF 3" LA, Adams Front shaft, Warn M8000
                [COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=arial black]I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

[COLOR=#ADD8E6][SIZE=3][FONT=arial narrow]Hi Mark! Thanks for joining us at ForbiddenJeeps and posting a build thread. I love to read through them. Also, a BIG thank you for what you do at 4W2H. That's awesome Congrats on all the goodies and the Jeep looks great already.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
                  ForbiddenJeeps Admin 2015 JKU - Hydro Blue ~ Toyo A/T ~ Fuel Full Blown Wheels ~ Wurx Offroad Front and Rear Bumper ~ M.O.R.E. Oil pan/tranny skid ~ Rampage Tail Light Guards ~ Surprise Straps ~ Jeep seat covers, slush mats (front and rear) & cargo mat

Wayne Was Here... Thanks for stopping by, Wayne

Comment

Working...
                  X