My 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ 5.9L Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ 5.9L Build

Originally I bought this with the plans to keep it stock. Here's when I bought it, outside of Gettysburg, PA 12/3/12:

At "Ringing Rocks" in Upper Black Eddy, PA:

Sank it in the NJ Pine Barrens in Wharton State Park 2/19/13:

Trans sucked in water. Removed it, put in a new trans & t-case WITH a vent tube 3/24/13:

My buddy Facebooked me asking if I wanted to install a lift on my ZJ. This is his MJ btw:

We verified 1" lift would be fine, so that was the plan. I went over to his garage and we started work on the lift 9/8/13:

Stock front springs, "new" springs:

Front finished:

Fab work:

Rear finished:

Lift kit finished (New tires on the way this week, need new shocks and rear adjustable track bar as well). What was supposed to be a 1" lift and only an hour or two of work, ended up as a 4.5" lift and 10 hours of work:

I'll post photos once I get the tires installed.
    [COLOR=#008000]-Rick @ Quadratec
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff]-'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited ZJ 5.9L
    -'03 VW Golf TDI (Diesel)
    -'98 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS7
    -'01 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS6 (For Sale)[/COLOR]

Re: My 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ 5.9L Build

[COLOR=#ADD8E6][SIZE=3][FONT=arial narrow]Looks great! how do you like the new lift? Thank you for posting a build thread.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    ForbiddenJeeps Admin 2015 JKU - Hydro Blue ~ Toyo A/T ~ Fuel Full Blown Wheels ~ Wurx Offroad Front and Rear Bumper ~ M.O.R.E. Oil pan/tranny skid ~ Rampage Tail Light Guards ~ Surprise Straps ~ Jeep seat covers, slush mats (front and rear) & cargo mat

Wayne Was Here... Thanks for stopping by, Wayne

Comment

Thanks! It rides like crap but such is a Jeep Latest updates: 4.5"/4.75" lift, 32x10.10x16" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Tomken Rocker Guards, FourXDoctor Diff Guard:

[COLOR=#008000]-Rick @ Quadratec
      [/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff]-'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited ZJ 5.9L
      -'03 VW Golf TDI (Diesel)
      -'98 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS7
      -'01 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS6 (For Sale)[/COLOR]

Comment

[COLOR=#ADD8E6][SIZE=3][FONT=arial narrow]The new tires look great!! Will you have to make any changes in front of the rear tires, they look pretty close in the photos?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
        ForbiddenJeeps Admin 2015 JKU - Hydro Blue ~ Toyo A/T ~ Fuel Full Blown Wheels ~ Wurx Offroad Front and Rear Bumper ~ M.O.R.E. Oil pan/tranny skid ~ Rampage Tail Light Guards ~ Surprise Straps ~ Jeep seat covers, slush mats (front and rear) & cargo mat

Wayne Was Here... Thanks for stopping by, Wayne

Comment

Working...
        X