Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any issues with Toyo R/T Open Country 35x12.5x17 tires walking/drifting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any issues with Toyo R/T Open Country 35x12.5x17 tires walking/drifting?

I have a new (6,000 miles on them now) set of Toyo R/T Open Country tires on my 2011 JKUR on Rockstar wheels. I bought them new, but they seem to walk or drift on the roads/pavement. They have already been rotated, hoping this would help, but it didn't.
    I have tried lowering air pressure down to 25 psi and up to 37 psi. Didn't make a difference.
    So my question is, "anyone else having this same issue"?

It didn't do this one the Toyo A/T Open Country I replaced them with.
    Last edited by TxAuctioneer; 12-22-2015, 09:33 AM. Reason: Sorry about the edit. Had the mileage incorrect and added what tire I had before these.

I'm running the same tire but in 37"
    I get a little bit of drift on the road, but honestly not much. You might want to check and see that everything is snug in your front end.
    If that does not correct it and you have the time to mess around, get a buddy to exchange his wheels and tires with you and see if corrects anything.
    2010 Rubicon, Sprintex Supercharger with Sprintex Intercooler, DiabloSport T-1000 Trinity Programmer, Teraflex Falcon 3.3 Shocks ,1350 RE Reel Drive Shafts, Method 105 Bead Locks, Toyo 37" X 13.5" Tires, Custom Olympic Off Road Front Bumper, Olympic Off Road Smuggler Rear Bumper with tire carrier, Seward Radius 4s LED Light, Seward 12" LED Light bar, 50" LED Light bar with, sPod LED switch pod with Boost gage,, Rigid LED Lights, 15# Power Tank, Rock Hard Cage, Rock Hard Under Armor, Posion Spyder Sliders, Posion Spyder Crusher Fenders, Posion Spyder Evap Armor, Posion Spyder Extreme Duty Trans-Mount Cross Member, Bushwacker rear armor, 5.13 Gears, Magnum 44 Front Axle, Off Road Evolution "C" Gussets, Cobra 75 CB Radio, Warn 10K on Front and 8K Winch on Rear, Bartact Seat Covers, Delta Quad Bar Xenon Headlamps,Tantrum LED Offroad Rock Lights, Teraflex HD Tie Rod, Teraflex Falcon Steering Stabilizer, Teraflex Alpine Long Control Arms Front & Rear, Teraflex 4" springs, Teraflex JK Performance Slotted Big Rotor Kit, TeraFlex Monster HD Forged Front Adjustable Trackbar, Teraflex Monster Rear Forged Adjustable Trackbar, Teraflex Front & Rear Brake Line Kit, Teraflex Bump Stops Front & Rear, Surprise Straps, Hothead Headliner, Teraflex D-44 Diff Covers, Wild Boar Grille, Rigid Ridge Hood, Drake Hood Latch's,Synergy HD Ball Joints & a Tuffy Security Drawer

Comment

Originally posted by Forbidden One View Post
      I'm running the same tire but in 37"
      I get a little bit of drift on the road, but honestly not much. You might want to check and see that everything is snug in your front end.
      If that does not correct it and you have the time to mess around, get a buddy to exchange his wheels and tires with you and see if corrects anything.
      I had my front end looked at yesterday at Bikini Offroad and everything checked out and was tight. (they have done all my mods since 2011 on her) Had the Toyo A/T before these and it didn't do this. Thats the reason for my concern on this tire, it started the day these went on. I may have to try the buddy thing after I talk to tire guy first week of January, just in case. I do have a good tire man, been doing business with him for 27 years. I trust him and he will always make it right. Thats one of the good things about living in a small town and trading local, the trust!

Comment

Please let us know what your tire guy tells ya.
        On my last set of Toyo's I had a rotation done and it caused my Jeep to wonder a LOT... ended up having to rebalance one of the wheels.
        2010 Rubicon, Sprintex Supercharger with Sprintex Intercooler, DiabloSport T-1000 Trinity Programmer, Teraflex Falcon 3.3 Shocks ,1350 RE Reel Drive Shafts, Method 105 Bead Locks, Toyo 37" X 13.5" Tires, Custom Olympic Off Road Front Bumper, Olympic Off Road Smuggler Rear Bumper with tire carrier, Seward Radius 4s LED Light, Seward 12" LED Light bar, 50" LED Light bar with, sPod LED switch pod with Boost gage,, Rigid LED Lights, 15# Power Tank, Rock Hard Cage, Rock Hard Under Armor, Posion Spyder Sliders, Posion Spyder Crusher Fenders, Posion Spyder Evap Armor, Posion Spyder Extreme Duty Trans-Mount Cross Member, Bushwacker rear armor, 5.13 Gears, Magnum 44 Front Axle, Off Road Evolution "C" Gussets, Cobra 75 CB Radio, Warn 10K on Front and 8K Winch on Rear, Bartact Seat Covers, Delta Quad Bar Xenon Headlamps,Tantrum LED Offroad Rock Lights, Teraflex HD Tie Rod, Teraflex Falcon Steering Stabilizer, Teraflex Alpine Long Control Arms Front & Rear, Teraflex 4" springs, Teraflex JK Performance Slotted Big Rotor Kit, TeraFlex Monster HD Forged Front Adjustable Trackbar, Teraflex Monster Rear Forged Adjustable Trackbar, Teraflex Front & Rear Brake Line Kit, Teraflex Bump Stops Front & Rear, Surprise Straps, Hothead Headliner, Teraflex D-44 Diff Covers, Wild Boar Grille, Rigid Ridge Hood, Drake Hood Latch's,Synergy HD Ball Joints & a Tuffy Security Drawer

Comment

Its an Open Country RT? Doug, our tires are Open Country MT's. Sorry, I don't have any experience with RT's. Please let us know what you find out.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

07 JKUR,Currie lift w/Antirocks,Ultimate Dana 60's front and rear,Teraflex master cylinder,40"Toyo's on Level 8 Strike 8 wheels with Monster valves,Premier Power Welder,Pure Jeep rock rails,Expedition One rear bumper,customized Body Armor front bumper,Adam's 1350 driveshafts,M.O.R.E. engine/trans skid,20lb Co2,custom steel trunk enclosure,Warn X8000i,TrekArmor seat covers,Alien 20" LED bar and much...much more!

Comment

Originally posted by Forbidden One View Post
            Please let us know what your tire guy tells ya.
            On my last set of Toyo's I had a rotation done and it caused my Jeep to wonder a LOT... ended up having to rebalance one of the wheels.
            Will do. I was just hoping for some "evidence" of this to show him others have an issue also. We have done the rotation and balance once since new (6,000 miles.) I was incorrect in my post, it was 6k, not 8k miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen View Post
              Its an Open Country RT? Doug, our tires are Open Country MT's. Sorry, I don't have any experience with RT's. Please let us know what you find out.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Well Shit... I need to slow down on my reading!

Comment

Could the control arms have anything to do with that? What if you install adjustable front and rear control arms?

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

[FONT=Arial]. _______
                /l ,[_____],
                l---L -OIIIIIIIO-
                ()_) ()_)--o[/FONT][FONT=Arial]--[/FONT][FONT=Arial])_)[/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                X