New build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New build

Well I finally broke down and bought my lift. 6.5 inch bds long arm. Thanks to the suggestion of mike(zmotorsports) now I'm looking for some wheels and tires. Prob gonna go with a 37 on a 20x9 wheel. Anyone have suggestions on that size or a good place to get them. Also gearing. Was headed towards 5.38 but was told 5.13 would be better. Any suggestions on that or where to get them installed. Hoping for some positive feedback from all your expertise. Will post pics of lift installed after I get it powder coated and put on.
    Thanks in advance
    2008 rubicon bds 6.5 long arm
    37/13.5 20 nitro mud grapplers. 20 x 10 moto metal wheels
    warn diff guards

Re: New build

Originally posted by 2ktmkids View Post
    Well I finally broke down and bought my lift. 6.5 inch bds long arm. Thanks to the suggestion of mike(zmotorsports) now I'm looking for some wheels and tires. Prob gonna go with a 37 on a 20x9 wheel. Anyone have suggestions on that size or a good place to get them. Also gearing. Was headed towards 5.38 but was told 5.13 would be better. Any suggestions on that or where to get them installed. Hoping for some positive feedback from all your expertise. Will post pics of lift installed after I get it powder coated and put on.
    Thanks in advance
    Sounds like an awesome build Mike. If you go with the BDS lift, I recommend going with the OEM style Clevite bushings as they wear much better than the poly. My lift has the poly and I have replaced inserts on the frame end three times now and on the axle end twice in only 40k miles. Needless to say, I am getting ready to build new control arms and using the Clevite style bushings at the axle end and Currie's Johnny Joints at the frame end.

As for gearing I would suggest 5.38:1 gearing especially if going with 37's. I don't see how the 5.13:1 would be better than the 5.38's.

Anxious to see pics of it.

Mike.
    2011 JKU Rubicon
    BDS Long-Arm Suspension System/ 17x9 ATX Crawl wheels/35" BFG KM2's/ Warn Powerplant/Plus much much more.

http://My 2011 JKU Rubicon Build Thread

Comment

Nice thanks for the heads up on that and suggestion. I think I'm going to go with the 5.38 like I had originally planned. Now to just find a reasonable place to install them
      warn diff guards

Comment

Sorry, can't think of a shop to recommend of the top of my head.

I have a JKU that I have to do complete gears/axle upgrades to, two TJ's I have to do gears in and a Harley engine to build all within the next several weeks. People are getting spring fever early this year. Plus somewhere in there find time to build my new control arms.

Mike.
        2011 JKU Rubicon
        BDS Long-Arm Suspension System/ 17x9 ATX Crawl wheels/35" BFG KM2's/ Warn Powerplant/Plus much much more.

Comment

That's going to look good. Is your front axle already reinforced? Don't know any shops around here that I would recommend.
          2015 JKU Hydro Blue Rubicon. Rock Krawler 3.5" X Factor, Prorock44, V Tec Rage wheels, 325/65/18 Duratracs.

Comment

Keep piling it on there mike. Never ends. No I haven't done anything with the front end or any of the jeep for that fact. I need to go through so build threads and see the diffent things you guys have done. New to the jeep world so got a lot of learning to do and trial and error
            warn diff guards

Comment

Originally posted by 2ktmkids View Post
              Keep piling it on there mike. Never ends. No I haven't done anything with the front end or any of the jeep for that fact. I need to go through so build threads and see the diffent things you guys have done. New to the jeep world so got a lot of learning to do and trial and error
              Nothing wrong with that. We were all new to it at some point. Lot's of avenues for research nowadays though.

Mike.
              2011 JKU Rubicon

Comment

Well picked the lift up today and started the powder coat process. Hopefully have it all done and installed next week. The lift came with the crevite style bushings already. It didn't have any poly so that was a positive.
                warn diff guards

Comment

I think you will be much happier with the OEM/Clevite style in the long run. I should have gone that route in the first place, now I have to fabricate completely new arms to accommodate the OEM style bushings. I am tired of replacing the poly bushings.

Mike.
                  2011 JKU Rubicon

Comment

warn diff guards

Comment

Powder coat color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      warn diff guards

Comment

Lookin' good Mike. Like the color.

Mike.
                        2011 JKU Rubicon

Comment

Lift wheels and tires done. Now for the bumper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          warn diff guards

Comment

Looks great.

Mike.
                            2011 JKU Rubicon

Comment

Looks ready to get dirty
                              2015 JKU Hydro Blue Rubicon. Rock Krawler 3.5" X Factor, Prorock44, V Tec Rage wheels, 325/65/18 Duratracs.

Comment

Working...
                              X