81 CJ5 Liquid Check Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 81 CJ5 Liquid Check Valve

In the process of doing my Gas Tank Install, I've discovered my Jeep does not have a Liquid Check Valve or a Rolllover Check Valve as noted in the repair manual. My Jeep ran great before the gas tank went bad so I'm wondering how important these two parts are?? Thanks

Re: 81 CJ5 Liquid Check Valve

Originally posted by Angela S. Petersen View Post
    In the process of doing my Gas Tank Install, I've discovered my Jeep does not have a Liquid Check Valve or a Rolllover Check Valve as noted in the repair manual. My Jeep ran great before the gas tank went bad so I'm wondering how important these two parts are?? Thanks
    Sounds like someone has already removed it. The purpose for the roll over check valve is to keep gas from running up the lines and storing in the charcoal canister. On my YJ it is in the right corner up high. If it has been running fine without one, don't worry about it
    [COLOR=#a9a9a9]Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration

POW/MIA
    Gone but Not Forgotten
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#d3d3d3]​[/COLOR]

Comment

need to make sure it breaths tho being its older system it should have a vent so as to not cause vapor lock

Comment

Well, it did have a fuel filter at the end of one of the smaller outlets from the tank (not the sending unit) and then other outlet was plugged...so we punched holes in the inline fuel filter and covered it will fine steel wool for a screen. So now each end of the inlet that is suppose to go to the Check/Rollover valve now runs in one end and out the other of the inline filter. I think I'm going to look into seeing how hard and expensive it will be to get the Check and Rollover valves put back in correctly.

Comment

you can use an old pcv valve on end of hose as a vent will let air in trick we use on race cars

Comment

Working...
          X